Over the last decades, EXMAR has built up a unique experience, managing different types of shipping and offshore projects.
During construction of newbuilding projects or conversion projects, EXMAR sets up a site supervision team on the shipyard reporting to the site manager which in turn reports to the project manager at EXMAR This ensures continuity, strong quality control and interface management between the plan approval team and site supervision team.
Based on its experience EXMAR can offer the following project execution services:
- Project Management;
- Equipment selection & Procurement;
- Fabrication selection;
- Plan approval;
- Construction Supervision;
- Contracts Engineering and Administration;
- Risk Analysis.
Over the last 25 years, EXMAR has managed and is managing the building or conversion of more than 130 vessels of different types and sizes from concept to delivery:
- Delivery of the world’s largest LNG Carrier (at that time) Methania; 1978
- Development and introduction of marine regasification plant on board LNG Carrier; 2002-2004
- Development and introduction of reinforced LNG cargo containment system for offshore unloading operations; 2002-2004
- Development and introduction of buoy mooring system for high pressure natural gas offloading; 2002-2004
- Delivery of the world’s first LNG regasification (FSRU) vessel Excelsior (2005).
- Development and introduction of LNG Ship – To – Ship cargo transfer operations; from concept design to industry acceptance (2005-2009).
- First application of new sLNGc® cargo containment system with increased cargo tank pressure rating; facilitating Regasification and STS operations (2008).
- Development of the first small scale 16,100 m³ 0.5 MTPA FLNG in the world (2015).
- Development of the first mid-scale 26,320 m³ FSRU (2017).
- Upgrades, life extension and conversion of multiple FSRU’s
- First LNGC to FSU conversion suitable for operation in arctic environment
- OPTI-EX production semisubmersible for the Who Dat Field, US GOM
- Delta House production semisubmersible for US GOM
- King’s Quay production semisubmersible for US GOM
EXMAR’s involvement in newbuilding projects extends to a large number of shipyards around the world. This experience resulted in EXMAR’s capacity to successfully and timely complete complex newbuilding projects in various environments based on the close follow-up and cooperation by our site team.